I'm watching the parade with my family. We had a substantial breakfast and look forward to an overabundant family meal later. I am lucky to spend today in this manner and would like to share just some of things for which I am grateful.
1. The friends I have made on Twitter via #Twittermarch, #TierV and #99ers. The circumstances that bring us together are maddening but the relationships are priceless. It is my fervent wish that we all enjoy better next year.
2. My wife's unending love and support. I've been unemployed for nearly 27 months. My family has not missed a meal nor has the county sheriff has paid a visit. This is a testament to my wife's financial wizardry. Without her, I doubt there would be any semblance of stability in the midst of all this uncertainty.
3. Last Monday's tornado that touched down two miles from my house. I am sad for those that experienced injury or property damage and grateful it wasn't me.
4. The same tornado flipped a school bus, with only minor injuries (a minor injury is one that occurs in someone else's family). My children were not on that bus but were in transit at about the same time. I don't want to think about what might have happened.
5. We'll be joining family to celebrate Thanksgiving in a few hours. My niece has obligations that keep her at school but everyone else will attend. A big family meal is not without stress but it's a kind of stress I'm happy to have. No one is at war overseas or in a hospital. I'd rather have an argument than a table with an empty seat.
This list just scratches the surface. Obviously I have my challenges but all things considered my cornucopia of life overflows with good stuff. I wish everyone as many blessing as I have today and the entire year.