A tribute to the 99ers: We are not invisible.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Vote to Govern.

Two months ago, I thought I would stay home on November 2nd because the Democrats had not done enough to support the long term unemployed.  Last month I changed my opinion and committed to vote Dem 2010. The Dems have still not done enough for the unemployed and the future looks worse, but I have met my commitment. Through early voting opportunity I cast my ballot on Monday. I was rewarded for my efforts by Sen. Mitch McConnell.

Sen. McConnell told the National Review that as majority leader his 1st priority is to hold Obama to one term. Sen. McConnell is the most powerful Republican; I commend him for his honesty but condemn him for his legislative agenda.  Despite his claim to represent the public, he does not reflect the concerns of the American electorate. Even more telling is his desire to use power not to govern but to protect power.

I voted for candidates to make policy that moves our country forward. I hope that everyone takes this opportunity to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment